I was on another iPhone project that had several thousand simple data objects that I would need to keep and search through. SQLite again. I’ve seen Jeff Lamarche mention his open source project, SQLitePersistenObjects a few times, so I decided to give it a whirl.

You can get the code at it’s google source site. There’s not too much documentation available, but it seems simple enough (as any SQLite wrapper should aim to be). There is a ReadMe.txt with a brief introduction, and some sample code (which I haven’t yet looked at).

I went about including it a different way than the “drop the zip file in” method it suggests. My project is in SVN and I’m using Versions, so I just added an svn:extern statement and now have a subdirectory with the source in it.

In Xcode I created a new group, then edited it’s information to point to the subdirectory naturally, then added all the files in there to the group. Then right-click on frameworks, add existing framework, and dig through the /Developer/Platforms et al. until you get to the sqlite dynamic library to link against.

It built and compiled fine for me. Now off to put it through its paces.