So, last week I bought some precooked shrimp at the grocery store. They were cheap. I bought them. Tuesday, I was at a different store, I see some pre-peeled pink shrimp. I glanced at the label, it didn’t say “raw”.
I defrosted the shrimp, thought they smelled a little fishy, wasn’t really paying attention, sat down to eat them, thought they were fairly flabby, figured they had been mishandled and were of low quality. Ate one. It was a wee rubbery, and as I picked up another, stared at the group of them all, I came to the very late conclusion that they were raw.
So, I cooked them up and ate the rest of them. Hope I’m still alive tomorrow as this blog post will hit the web. I’ll let you know how I’m feeling.
Hmm, here’s a list of possibilities: Amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP), Neurotoxic shellfish poisoning (NSP), Diarrhetic shellfish poisoning (DSP), and Paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP). Here’s hoping I don’t become familiar with any of those!